Planning for Retirement
Today’s vision for retirement presents many new issues and opportunities. With life expectancy climbing and inflationary pressures on things such as health and long term care costs, retirees are going to need more savings to maintain the quality of life they desire. Our advisors can help you create and follow through with a plan for retirement.
Some of the questions and issues we can help you with include:
- How much will I need to save? Determining the right number you will need for retirement can be a tricky process. In retirement you may need to limit the liquidation of your retirement assets to 4% or 5% per year to make it last. Let us help you create a plan to meet your retirement needs.
- What type of retirement plans should I use? Finding the right mix of retirement accounts is important. We can help you chose between contributing to a 401K, an IRA, a Roth IRA, or other tax advantaged investments.
- Risk Profile: The amount of time you have until retirement will help you determine how much risk you might want to assume. Additionally, we can help you understand what type of risk is suitable with your risk tolerance.
- Investment Diversification: We can help review your current investments to insure they give you the diversification needed to give you the best opportunity of meeting your retirement goals.
- Understanding IRA distributions: Let us help you understand the IRS rules and regulations regarding IRA distributions. We can help explain the differences between traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs.
- Should I diversify before retirement with in-service distributions? You may not have to keep all of your retirement savings in an employer sponsored retirement plan (such as a 401K) until you change jobs or retire. Instead, you may be allowed to take an in-service distribution and roll over a portion of your assets to an IRA. This may allow you to more effectively manage your retirement savings before retirement.
- Should I purchase long term care insurance? Long term care insurance can help one avoid becoming a burden on their family. A good policy can help one stay in their home or if needed cover the cost of care in a nursing home or an assisted living facility. There is more than one way to approach this coverage, let us help you understand which way is right for you.
Having a financial plan can help make your retirement a time of personal growth and opportunity. Let us help guide you along the way.